Applicant Notice About Your Personal Information
Para ver en español, haga clic aquí
This Notice explains your rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act as amended by the California Privacy Rights Act (“CPRA”) (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.100 et seq.) and helps you understand how Harmony Foods, LLC dba SCN BestCo (herein referred to as SCN BestCo) collects and uses your Personal Information in compliance with the CPRA. In this Notice, the terms “Company,” ”us,” “we,” and “our” refer to SCN BestCo and its affiliates and subsidiaries. “Applicant” or “you” refer to job applicants or candidates for employment with SCN BestCo.
2. What Information We Collect
SCN BestCo collects information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with you or your household (“Personal Information”). The following discusses the categories of Personal Information we collected in the last twelve (12) months. We will not collect additional categories of Personal Information or use the Personal Information we collected for materially different purposes without first providing you notice.
- Identifiers. We collect your name, address, telephone number, and email address from you during our recruitment processes.
- Characteristics of Protected Classifications Under California or Federal Law. We may collect information concerning your race, racial or ethnic origin if you provide this information as part of your application.
- Professional or Employment-Related Information. We collect information related to your employment history, including your resume, during the recruitment process. We will not request or collect your salary history information during the application process.
- Education Information. We collect your education history from you as part of your application.
The following forms of data listed above constitutes “sensitive personal information”: Your race, racial or ethnic origin, if provided to us.
3. How We Use the Information We Collect
We use the Personal Information we collect for the following purposes:
- Recruiting and Hiring. We use the Personal Information we collect from your application and through the interview process to evaluate your qualifications and eligibility for employment.
- Legal Compliance and Protection. We use the information we collect to comply with applicable laws, our legal obligations and in our defense of our company, property, and others through legal proceedings.
4. Additional Rights Under California Law
You may have certain rights under California law. This may include a right to access, correct, or delete certain Personal Information we collect about you, subject to applicable exceptions. For example, we may retain information concerning your race to comply with legal reporting obligations. To exercise your rights, contact us as described at the end of this notice, or use the webform link on our website to submit a request.
Under California law, we are required to tell Californians if we “sell” or “share” information as that term is defined by applicable law. Sell is defined under the law as disclosing personal information to a third party for monetary or other valuable consideration. Share is specifically defined under the law as well. Sharing means sharing personal information with a third party for cross-context behavioral advertising.
This notice does not affect other rights you may have under the California Labor Code or similar laws.
5. How We Retain Your Personal Information
To the extent permitted by applicable law, SCN BestCo will retain your Personal Information for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected, including to meet any legal, accounting, or other reporting requirements or obligations. We use the following criteria to determine retention periods:
- how long the information is needed to provide our services and operate our business;
- whether there are contractual or legal obligations that exist that require us to retain the information for period of time;
- whether any law, statute, or regulation allows for a specific retention period;
- whether an individual has agreed to a longer retention period;
- whether the data is considered to be sensitive data; and
- what the expectation for retention was at the time the data was provided to us.
6. How You Are Protected Against Discrimination & Retaliation
SCN BestCo will not unlawfully discriminate or retaliate against you for exercising any of your rights under the CPRA. This commitment applies to all persons involved in our operations and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of SCN BestCo, including supervisors and managers.
Nothing in this Notice restricts SCN BestCo’s ability to:
- Comply with federal, state, or local laws;
- Comply with a civil, criminal, or regulatory inquiry, investigation, subpoena, or summons by federal, state, or local authorities;
- Cooperate with law enforcement agencies concerning conduct or activity that the business, service provider, or third party reasonably and in good faith believes may violate federal, state, or local law;
- Exercise or defend legal claims;
- Detect security incidents and protect against fraudulent or illegal activity and prosecute those responsible for such activity; or
- Transfer Personal Information as part of a merger or acquisition, dissolution, bankruptcy, or any other transaction in which a third party assumes control of all or part of the Company.
8. Changes to This Notice
This Notice is reviewed and updated annually to ensure it accurately captures our practices and procedures. The effective date of this version is posted below.
10. Resolving Concerns and How to Contact Us
If you have questions or concerns regarding this Notice or the handling of your Personal Information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
EFFECTIVE DATE: June 30, 2023