Contractor Notice at Collection
Para ver en español, haga clic aquí
This Notice helps you understand how Harmony Foods, LLC dba SCN BestCo (herein referred to as “SCN BestCo”) collects and uses your Personal Information and your rights under the California Privacy Rights Act (“CPRA”). In this Notice, the terms “Company,” ”us,” “we,” and “our” refer to SCN BestCo and its affiliates and subsidiaries. “You” refers to independent contractors who provide services to SCN BestCo.
2. What Information We Collect
SCN BestCo collects information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with you (“Personal Information”). Personal Information does not include publicly available information from government records, deidentified information, or aggregated data.
As described in greater detail, below, we collect Personal Information in the following ways:
- Directly from You. We may collect Personal Information directly from you, such as when you arrive at a SCN BestCo facility, during your rendering of services to SCN BestCo, and/or when you cease providing services to SCN BestCo.
- From Third Parties. We may collect certain Personal Information about you from third parties. For example, this includes from your employer, who will provide your name to us. This also includes information concerning the time you spend working at a SCN BestCo facility. We may combine information that we collect from different sources.
Please note that Personal Information does not include information based on activities performed on company assets. You do not own or have an expectation of privacy or rights under the CPRA regarding:
- Company information created, collected, or maintained on any technology assets owned, leased, or operated in whole, or in part, by the Company. SCN BestCo’s technology assets consist of all electronic devices, software, and means of electronic communication, including, but not limited to, computers and workstations, laptop computers, computer hardware, as well as computer software platform and applications, mobile applications, associated files, and data that grant access to services like the internet, email, phone, voicemail, and instant messages. All information created, collected, or maintained by the Company’s technology assets is Company property and provided to you solely for your use in furtherance of your services to SCN BestCo.
- Company information SCN BestCo collects when monitoring premises, equipment, devices, computers, network, applications, software, or similar company assets and resources, to protect its worksites, employees, and computer systems.
2.1. Categories of Personal Information
The following discusses the categories of Personal Information we collected in the last twelve (12) months. We will not collect additional categories of Personal Information or use the Personal Information we collected for materially different purposes without first providing you notice.
- Personal Identifiers. We collect your name from your employer, and if you provide your name to us.
- Professional-Related Information. We collect information concerning your work hours while at SCN BestCo facilities.
- Audio, Visual, or Similar Information. We may collect information that may be used to identify you to employees of SCN Bestco and/or our security personnel, such as CCTV security camera recordings.
- Biometric Information. We may collect scans of your fingerprints, if required to use certain equipment.
SCN BestCo does not collect “sensitive personal information” about you, as defined by the CPRA.
3. How We Use the Information We Collect
We use the Personal Information we collect for the following purposes:
- Business Operations. We use Personal Information to facilitate your contracting relationship with us, including for payment administration, to maintain files, and to otherwise run our day-to-day operations.
- Communicate With You. We use the Personal Information we collect to communicate with you regarding the services you provide to us.
- Communicate With Your Employer. We use the Personal Information we collect to communicate with your regarding the services you provide to us.
- Legal Compliance and Protection. We use the information we collect to comply with applicable laws, our legal obligations and in our defense of our company, property, and others through legal proceedings.
- Security and Crime Prevention. We use Personal Information to secure our facilities, such as by conducting periodic security checks and limiting access to our facilities.
4. Additional Rights Under California Law
You may have certain rights under California law. This may include a right to access, correct, or delete your data, subject to applicable exceptions. For example, we may retain your data to comply with legal obligations. To exercise your rights, contact us as described at the end of this notice, or here on our website to submit a request.
Under California law, we are required to tell Californians if we “sell” or “share” information as that term is defined by applicable law. Sell is defined under the law as disclosing personal information to a third party for monetary or other valuable consideration. Share is specifically defined under the law as well. Sharing means sharing personal information with a third party for cross-context behavioral advertising.
5. How We Retain Your Personal Information
To the extent permitted by applicable law, the Company will retain your Personal Information for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected, including to meet any legal, accounting, or other reporting requirements or obligations. We use the following criteria to determine retention periods:
- how long the information is needed to provide our services and operate our business;
- whether there are contractual or legal obligations that exist that require us to retain the information for period of time;
- whether any law, statute, or regulation allows for a specific retention period;
- whether an individual has agreed to a longer retention period;
- whether the data is considered to be sensitive data; and
- what the expectation for retention was at the time the data was provided to us.
6. How You Are Protected Against Discrimination
The Company will not unlawfully discriminate against you for exercising any of your rights under the CPRA. This commitment applies to all persons involved in our operations and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any member of the Company’s workforce.
Nothing in this Notice restricts our ability to:
- Comply with federal, state, or local laws;
- Comply with a civil, criminal, or regulatory inquiry, investigation, subpoena, or summons by federal, state, or local authorities;
- Cooperate with law enforcement agencies concerning conduct or activity that the business, service provider, or third party reasonably and in good faith believes may violate federal, state, or local law;
- Exercise or defend legal claims;
- Detect security incidents and protect against fraudulent or illegal activity and prosecute those responsible for such activity; or
- Transfer Personal Information as part of a merger or acquisition, dissolution, bankruptcy, or any other transaction in which a third party assumes control of all or part of the Company.
8. Changes to This Notice
This Notice is reviewed and updated annually to ensure it accurately captures our practices and procedures. The effective date of this version is posted below.
10. Resolving Concerns and How to Contact Us
EFFECTIVE DATE: June 30, 2023