Website Notice at Collection
Para ver en español, haga clic aquí
NOTICE ABOUT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
This Notice explains your rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act as amended by the California Privacy Rights Act (“CPRA”) (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.100 et seq.) and helps you understand how Harmony Foods, LLC dba SCN BestCo (herein referred to as SCN BestCo) collects and uses your Personal Information in compliance with the CPRA. In this Notice, the terms “Company,” ”us,” “we,” and “our” refer to SCN BestCo and its affiliates and subsidiaries. “You” refers to users of our website.
2. What Information We Collect
When you use our website and/or submit information through our webform(s), SCN BestCo collects information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with you or your household (“Personal Information”). The following discusses the categories of Personal Information we collected in the last twelve (12) months. We will not collect additional categories of Personal Information or use the Personal Information we collected for materially different purposes without first providing you notice.
- Identifiers. We collect your name, address, telephone number, and email address from you when you complete the webform(s) on our website.
- Internet or Other Electronic Network Activity Information, such as your website interaction history, IP address, a date/time stamp, browser type, device type, device ID, Internet service provider, referring/exit URLs, operating system, language, clickstream data, and other information about the links clicked, features used, and similar device and usage information.
3. How We Use the Information We Collect
We use the Personal Information we collect for the following business and commercial purposes:
- Providing our Services. We use identifiers to facilitate the generation of new business opportunities, and to allow customers to contract for and purchase our products.
- Transactional Purposes. We use identifiers to communicate with you and provide you with customer assistance.
- Business Operations. We use identifiers and internet or other electronic network activity information for our day-to-day business operations including maintaining records, database administration, reports, compliance, audit, investigative purposes and other ethics and compliance reporting tools, and to support our business operations.
- Maintenance and Improvement of our Website and Systems. We use identifiers and internet or other electronic network activity information to improve our website and systems, provide and maintain functionality on our website and systems, and help us diagnose technical and service problems and administer our website and systems. Maintenance of our systems includes activities such as applying security controls for company systems, providing new system implementations, applying change management processes, and providing IT support services.
- Security and Fraud Prevention. We contact identifiers and internet or other electronic network activity information to: (i) protect us, our employees, and our website, premises, assets, systems, products, services and intellectual property, including from fraud, theft, and misconduct; (ii) enforce our policies and terms; (iii) conduct vendor and customer due diligence; and (iv) detect and prevent fraud, theft and misconduct including by verifying the identity of those we are conducting business with.
- Complying with Legal and Ethical Obligations and Legal Process. We use identifiers and internet or other electronic network activity information to comply with our legal obligations, including responding to requests under the CCPA, reporting requirements and responding to court orders, warrants, or subpoenas, defend ourselves in legal proceedings, and protect our company and our property, employees, and others through legal proceedings.
We do not collect sensitive personal information on our website.
4. Additional Rights Under California Law
You may have certain rights under California law. This may include a right to access, correct, or delete certain Personal Information we collect about you, subject to applicable exceptions. To exercise your rights, you may email us at privacy@SCNBestco.com, call us toll free at 1-866-942-2429, or use the webform link on our website to submit a request.
Under California law, we are required to tell Californians if we “sell” or “share” information as that term is defined by applicable law. Sell is defined under the law as disclosing personal information to a third party for monetary or other valuable consideration. Share is specifically defined under the law as well. Sharing means sharing personal information with a third party for cross-context behavioral advertising.
5. How We Retain Your Personal Information
To the extent permitted by applicable law, SCN BestCo will retain your Personal Information for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected, including to meet any business, legal, accounting, or other reporting requirements or obligations. We use the following criteria to determine retention periods:
- how long the information is needed to provide our services and operate our business;
- whether there are contractual or legal obligations that exist that require us to retain the information for period of time;
- whether any law, statute, or regulation allows for a specific retention period;
- whether an individual has agreed to a longer retention period;
- whether the data is considered to be sensitive data; and
- what the expectation for retention was at the time the data was provided to us.
6. How You Are Protected Against Discrimination & Retaliation
SCN BestCo will not unlawfully discriminate against you for exercising any of your rights under the CPRA.
Nothing in this Notice restricts SCN BestCo’s ability to:
- Comply with federal, state, or local laws;
- Comply with a civil, criminal, or regulatory inquiry, investigation, subpoena, or summons by federal, state, or local authorities;
- Cooperate with law enforcement agencies concerning conduct or activity that the business, service provider, or third party reasonably and in good faith believes may violate federal, state, or local law;
- Exercise or defend legal claims;
- Detect security incidents and protect against fraudulent or illegal activity and prosecute those responsible for such activity; or
- Transfer Personal Information as part of a merger or acquisition, dissolution, bankruptcy, or any other transaction in which a third party assumes control of all or part of the Company.
8. Changes to This Notice
This Notice is reviewed and updated annually to ensure it accurately captures our practices and procedures. The effective date of this version is posted below.
10. Resolving Concerns and How to Contact Us
If you have questions or concerns regarding this Notice or the handling of your Personal Information, please contact us at 1-866-942-2429 or privacy@SCNBestco.com.
EFFECTIVE DATE: June 30, 2023